I miss blogging. I still don’t have time to blog. All will be revealed in the next couple of weeks, but for now I leave you with this: some things you almost definitely didn’t know about me. And in true Buzzfeed style, number 6 will shock you.
01. I love vintage collectibles.
I’m that weird person who secretly owns maps of London from the 1940s and buys broken watch parts. I’m bidding on 1960s NASA leaflets and broken cameras on eBay at the moment and I’m far too excited about that.
02. I’m (mostly) left handed.
My right is passable. And I only use scissors with my right hand. Why? Because I was too impatient to wait for one of the few left-handed pairs of scissors at school so I learned to use my right hand instead.
03. I nearly became a forensic linguist.
I got accepted for a Master’s degree at Leeds University but had to get a job instead of doing the course (damn you, recession).
04. So far, I’ve visited 18 countries.
France, Germany, Scotland, Wales, Spain, Croatia, Ukraine, Poland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Austria, the Czech Republic, the USA (Nevada, Arizona, Minnesota, Illinois, New York), Tunisia, Turkey, various Greek islands, and Norway. My least favourite of those was New York, followed closely by Greece.
05. I don’t like sad films or books.
If I’m tricked into watching one, I’ll never watch it again.
06. My favourite animals aren’t cats.
(This is one question all my friends would fail in a quiz about me). I love cats, but my favourite animal is actually the platypus. Narwhals are pretty badass too. Another common belief is that I hate dogs because I love cats. Not true, I love almost all furry animals.
07. I was tall for my age until I hit 11.
Then I forgot how to photosynthesise and everyone overtook me. I’m 5’2″ and a quarter. (Yes the quarter is important! Why does everyone ask that?!)
08. I have watched every single episode of “16 and Pregnant”, “Teen Mom”, “Teen Mom 2”, “Teen Mom 3” and “Teen Mom UK”.
(To date, that have been shown in the UK). Sorry not sorry.
09. I’m not a fan of chocolate-flavoured things that aren’t actual chocolate.
Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshakes, chocolate cheesecake…they’re okay, but never ever my first choice.
10. The first browser I ever used was AOL’s.
Ah, the dial-up days. I think I started on 5.0 or something.
11. We are a Mac-Windows-Linux household.
Mac laptop, Windows desktop, Linux TV. I have an Android phone and an iPad. I’m weirdly neutral when it comes to brands. I don’t care as long as it’s not slow.
Over to you! What’s something I don’t know about you?